Why are we looking for bright women to share their thoughts?
- Because we looked around us last year and realised that in our industry (media) women of our age were pretty thin on the ground.
– We thought it might be a kids thing but soon realised it wasn’t. Having kids is not the reason that only 3% of CEOs are women.
– Everyone thinks that legislation has made it easier for bright women to have great corporate careers, but it’s just not happening. In advertising, the number of women at board level has dropped from 16% 30 years ago to 13% now.
– So we set ourselves one task – to find where all the bright women are now. The ones that shone at school, at college, in the sports teams, and in all of those companies in their early 20s.
– We’re excited to find out more about what works for bright women today and what doesn’t, and build a community so that we can share and learn from each other.
That’s why we’ve put together a quick online survey. The information you give us is all completely confidential, so tell us about the paths you’ve chosen, take part by clicking on Our Survey on the right.
And if you want to discover what we find out, sign up for our e-newsletter, too.